Saturday, November 04, 2006

Right... but....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Misery index... Hardly":

You live in Washington DC, right? So you should not have to travel far to see evidence that "misery" does exist in America.

+++

Ben's response:

Misery does indeed exist in America.

President Bush #43 is condemned by Paleo-cons for budget-busting.

But he has worked to expand the Saftey Net State ("welfare" has become a no-no word.)

But, although many Euuropeans don't believe it, Americans get Social Security, Medicare, health care for emrgency and non-emergency treatment --- sometimes good, sometimes not --- the Earned Income Tax Credit, rent supplements and much more.

I have also learned something else: It's better to give than to receive.

I bought a small bouquet of flowers the other day.

I gave the vendor $10 for a $5 bunch. He cried and wanted to kiss me.

I am sometimes criticized these days for tipping too generously.

Whatever problems I may or may not have --- $5 isn't one of them.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home