Friday, November 03, 2006

Eric... Many thanks...

Eric McErlain has left a new comment on your post "Thanks, but ...": I've been blogging for five+ years, and there are some basic things you need to be doing in order to generate more traffic. Blogs are conversations, and are really a lot like talk radio. That means embedding links to other sources in your text -- especially links to other bloggers.I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it's true: Outbound links generate inbound traffic.Other bloggers notice when you link to their stuff. Which means they're more likely to link back to you, and generate more traffic.Try it, it works. If you have any question, please feel free to drop me an email.

Ben's response:

Eric,

Many thanks for your analysis. We are working on it.

It seems logical to me that the more I converse with others, the more likely I am to get others to talk to me.

I particularly like it when they digress and talk about things of which I know little.

That way we all learn.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home