Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yet another thing I do not understand...

Click here: FOXNews.com - Wal-Mart Cuts Outlook for September Sales - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

I go to Costco periodically with one of my grown children. Over the years I have been at Walmart, Target and so on.

I find it hard to believe (although it is obviously so) that they make money selling cases of toothpaste, soft drinks and so on, --- at what seem to be extremely low prices.

At the same time, there are people who pony up thousands of dollars for a suit, when indistiguishable knock-offs are available at 5%-10% of the cost, or less.

Factoid: Jackie Kennedy, widow of President John F. Kennedy and Aristotle Onassis, was an example of both. She bought from haute couture designers --- and shopped at The Gap.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home