Monday, September 11, 2006

NPR follow-up

I appeared today 9/11/06 on NPR with Doris Kearns Goodwin and historian David Kennedy (not David Gergen as originally reported here.) I believe it will be re-broadcast tonight at 8:30 PM.

Both of Doris and David are smart, knowlegdable and articulate people.

But they each believed that "mistakes were made," "Americans had been mis-led" (rough quotes).

I don't think so. President Dubya has done what he said he'd do. He has grown in office, far more than most others. OJT is required of all Presidents.

I believe the 2004 Innaugural (written by super-speech-writer Michael Gerson, but, of course, reflecting the views PrezDub) will come to be regarded as one of the great Presidential orations.

I used to be a speechwriter (for LBJ) and would like to think I know a good and honest speech when I hear one.

Go to the White House website (something .gov) and check it out.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home