Sunday, September 10, 2006

Promo --- for me... and the U.S. of A.

I will be on NPR Monday at 10:00 AM with friends and former colleagues Doris Kearns Goodwin and David Gergen

I suspect there will some cordial dis-agreements.

I think --- from an American perspective --- things have changed for the better.

Iraq has had a series of elections, has a functioning government, a parliament, a constitution (on paper which is more representative and democratic than that of the USA, where California and Idaho each have two Senators.)

The picture of Arab women waving their purple fingers in the air to demonstrat that they voted despite danger may well be the defining one of our time.

The number of American men and women KIA --- all volunteers --- is less than the number of persons killed on 9/11.

Many of the injured have re-upped for second and third tours.

There is a distinct chance that human rights and democratic representative values will be established in an area of the world where such values had previously been absent.

I believe in self-promotion if it advances causes in which you believe.

I believe --- but always harbor some doubts.

Ben

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM EAGER TO HEAR THE PROGRAM...I LOVE DKG A LOT AND GERGEN IS BISEXUAL, POLITICALLY SPEAKING...GO WATTENBERG!! NISHTU GEDACHT

September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home