Friday, October 13, 2006

Thanks; major breakthrough; maybe

Many, Many thanks.

This is very important to me.

I just want to know (roughly) the number of blogs that have posted. My computer only goes back a a few days when I click the blue word Wattenblog.

The blog is at Mozilla Foxfire. But I don't see how to reach them via E or post.

I can be reached at the Wattenblog or at
Ben J. Wattenberg
American Enterprise Institute
1150 17th St. NW
Washington D.C. 20036
202-862-5908 Bwattenberg@aei.org
Fax: 202-862-5821

or

Ben J. Wattenberg
3003 Van Ness St. NW
(Apt. W-433)
Washington D.C. 20008
(202-363-2821) wattenberg@aol.com
Fax:202-363-1075

EMail is better than phone. The phones are scewed up.

Technophobic

Ben


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "All I'm trying to do is....":

I am not an expert, but:

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MY ENTIRE BLOG HAS BEEN SAVED SOMEWHERE AND WHETHER I CAN RETREIVE IT. IT IS QUITE IMPORTANT TO ME...

I understand your desire, which is perfectly reasonable. I would say in general I would expect that your blog posts and comments -- an archive of all that, if you will -- is available. But it may depend on how you have gone about the technical aspects of putting up and maintaining your blog, and also on the service level you have with the company that hosts your blog. I can only repeat: your blog is hosted somehwere. On a server. This server is the computer that answers hits -- queries -- on your blog and sends back the data so your blog is seen. Who, meaning what company, is

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Wattenblog at 10/13/2006 02:16:55 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog is at Mozilla Foxfire.

I do not know what "Foxfire" is. But (Mozilla) Firefox is a browser -- SW that is used to connect to, and display the contents of, web sites. Like Internet Explorer from Microsoft.

So to (try to) make it clear: Firefox is SW you use to access the internet, it is not what hosts your blog.

I am not aware that Mozilla does hosting.

At this point I can only conclude/assume you are far more technically illiterate than I had imagined. My advice: seek help among your colleagues at the AEI.

October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, you should IMMEDIATELY remove your personal contact info from the site.

October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home