Sunday, September 03, 2006

Packaging --- Security --- Too much ?

To the best of my knowledge I have never had anything of mine stolen, swiped or pilfered.

I know a lot of it goes on.

But the remedies seem nutso.

Try ordering something via the 'Net. I'm surpised they don't (yet) ask for finger-prints or optical scans.

The DVDs I am now now buying --- and enjoying immensely --- (The Bobby Jones Story is now on my set) sometimes need a hack-saw to open.

Some are marked "Security Protected." I don't even know whether they are protecting theft or copywright.

This blog has some security letters to type in for security that seem to be a cross between twisted Greek and Hebrew. There is a handicap symbol (a wheel-chair) adjacent to it. Press it and you'd best have command of Chinese.

"Child-protected" bottles add yet another dimension.

Please.

Enough already.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home