Thursday, September 07, 2006

9/11 ( ! ) 7-11 ( ! ! )

Like most everyone else, I remember where I was on 9/11. I was supposed to give a speech in Norfolk VA.

I called my Speaker's Agent (they typically take about 33% of the speaker's fee --- one of them I worked with recently went to the slammer for swindling some very high profile types --- Andy Rooney was one, as I recall.)

I told the agent I wasn't going. Period.

Of course, I didn't fly that day. Neither did most anyone else.

Too bad, doubly so. I wanted to give the speech and I was to meet the Father of one of my TV super-producers.

9/11, of course was a tragedy, and in some ways, "the world will never be the same again."

But we have also come up lucky --- 7-11 are the crap-shooter's dream on the first roll of the dice.

Only few Americans have been KIA, all volunteers. Quite a few of those injured have opted to go back There is an elected government in Iraq, a Constitution, a parliament --- and possibly there will be a Civil War. (America had a big one.)

The speech was re-booked. My super-producer had a super-Dad. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. An apple a day keeps the Doctor away. (Why?)

BTW, my super-sister Rebecca Schull (she played the ditzy stewardess on Wings, has been on Broadway and written one-act play about Soviet dissidents ) appears in the movie Flt 993. I have the DVD, and will likely post about it. I am told it is better than Oliver Stone's WTC, surpsingly, a non-conspiratorial work.

Post-haste,

I remain,

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home