Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dr. Phillip Handler

Dr. Phillip Handler was the Chairman of the National Academy of Science. (I think that was the correct title.) He told me --- during a PBS interview --- that there was no evidence that air pollution --- not even the smoky skies in Pittsburgh --- cause illness.

I happened soon there after to meet and friend who practiced cardiolgy in Redwood City CA. He said: "What about asthma?"

I don't know the answer to that. But I suspect that we have exaggerated the medical impact of pollution.

The Left had so many good ideas --- racial equality, environmentalism, feminism, consumerism --- and managed to overplay their issues, making people suspect.

So often they seem to be saying "We have failed; let us continue," instead of "we have succeeded, let us continue" --- which would be so much more credible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home