Monday, October 16, 2006

The mind ...

( <> ) (My symbol for musings rather than hard news)

The human anatomy has been likened to a bowling ball sitting atop a pencil.

The human mind can perform such remarkable feats. A man in Japan recently multiplied Pi (2.1777777777) for 22 consecutive hours !

The splendid DVD Ackmeda and the Bee (sp?) shows a a small African-American girl from South Central Los Angeles winning the Scripps spelling Bee in Washington DC. Tutored by a brilliant linguist and philologist (Samuel L. Jackson, I believe) she is told to learn them not only by rote, but by it's roots in Greek, Latin, English/American, German, Hebrew etc.

She jumps rope to link the words toto the roots and definitions.

Weird.

All that stored in a pound or so of grey matter.

Now get this: Certain herbal teas --- like chamomille --- produce a calming effect. Even a whiff will do.

I admire those who believe they know how the world works.

I don't.

But I do what I love, I love my family, I am better situated financially than I ever dreamed --- not wealthy --- and doing just fine, thank you.

Ben

elinks most every conceivable word

Chamolille

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home