Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Testifying to Congress

Over the years, I have had occasion to testify before Congress number of times on a variety of issues. Once, when I was up for confirmation to the Board of International Broadcasting (BIB) I was queried by Senator Larry Pressler (R. SD ---?---). He was working from staff-prepared questions. He said "Mr Wattenberg as a prospective member of BIB, what do you think of such-and-such" And again and again. Then he turned to his staff and said "What's 'BIB?'
Notwithstanding, he was, I think a good Senator.
Hillary Clinton is another matter, the topic of another post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Wattenberg said...

Ethan, Not condemning C-Span at all. It's a great service. BTW it does include the views of pundits; but Brian Lamb remains neutral. But I think there is also plenty of room for folks with an opinion to speak out. I call myself the "immoderator" of Think Tank. I wouldn't have done the program if I would just be directing traffic.

August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home