Saturday, August 05, 2006

Seeking Danger...

I've just seen Talledega --- about NASCAR racing --- very dangerous with 200,000 people in the stands.

I've done some stupid things in my life. I remember drive East across US 5 and 20 (before the New York State Thruway was complete) on the way home from school from vacation. Five students were sleeping in the back of the car, a canary-yellow convertible. I was going at about 110 mph. Not smart. When I was I stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, I went to some of the Mexican border towns and fell in love with buff-fighting. I wanted to be like "Manolette"and thought seriously of going to a school in Mexico to learn.

Luckily for me, was wife soon became pregnant

I guess I can understand why people do dangerous things for money --- Evel Knevel etc.

But now I think about it quite differently.

Why risk your life just for fun? Skate-boarding, ski-jumping, surfboarding etc. You can kill yourself.

Why?

Best,

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home