Monday, August 07, 2006

The Mind as a Muscle...

I just picked up some photos --- some quite new --- one going back thirty-odd years showing my uncle pointing to my grandfather's house on the first street in Tel Aviv.

I'm interested in my family history, but there's more to it than that.

As I understand it the mind is really a muscle. Leave it alone and it atrophies. As people live longer rates of dementia have climbed. I know too many tragic cases.

I put the pictures on my wall to keep my memory fresh. I do number games in my head. I used to be able to go geometrically from 1 to 1,056. The other night I was up to eight thousand something.

It can get exhausting (like too much exercise) so take it easy. But do it.

Best,

Ben

PS I'm not getting enough responses or independent posts. Pls do it if you can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home