Saturday, September 16, 2006

Modernism --- still more

I am a technophobe struggling with modernism, which I love/hate, which intrigues me and fascinates me.

Some tentative conlcusions:

1) "User-friendly" --- is a big joke. Why all the http// stuff? How about QQQ ?

2) Redundancy is the name of the game: when the computer is crashes (frequently, with even the best tekkies at the wheel) go to the DVD or Cable Box (which also crash) or the phone system (mine is screwy --- press one press two, English? Spanish?)

3) Sequence. I'm starting to understand that things must be done in a certain, rigid order. Like the mating ritual of the praying mantis. A little stupid, I think.

If you don't like these sorts of belly-aching posts, press Modzilla Foxfire, pause, dim, close --- skip it.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home