Friday, September 22, 2006

Billionaires !

The WashPost reports that Forbes reports that all 400 of the richest in America are billionaires.

Poor Martha Stewart didn't make the cut.

It is said that "you can't be too rich, or too thin." Too thin can be bad --- gaunt, emaciated.

But too rich?

I have come to meet some very rich people, through funding of Think Tank and through The American Enterprise Institute. ( AEI) (Where I have hung my hat since 1978, to our mutual benefit. I think.)

Rich people are just like you and me and people you know.

Some are very smart, some are not. They put their pants on one leg at a time.

Most importantly, most of them give a great deal of money to philanthropies, which help poor people, with much less regulation than governments --- federal, state, or local.

Somehow it works out.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home