Friday, November 24, 2006

Excse repetition but...

Jon has left a new comment on your post "This is one hell of a show +++":

I tried to reach you previously when you mentioned this book you're planning to write, but never heard back.

Since I am an authority on Adolph Rupp and recently have gotten more in-depth in studying the New York basketball scene in the 1940s and early 1950s, I'm interested in this topic and your take on it.

Stanley Cohen already wrote a book about the CCNY team and the 1951 gambling scandal, as did Charley Rosen. I'm curious what your book is going to be about, what you expect to offer to the topic and how you plan on incorporating Adolph Rupp into it. ? FWIW, my impression from reading and talking to a number of people is that what they THINK they know about Rupp turns out more often than not to be removed from reality. I think this is a case where truth is actually stranger (and vastly more interesting) than the generally assumed fiction.

I'd appreciate if you emailed me at jpscott@hotmail.com

Thanks

Jon

Ben's response:

Jon.

Things have been at 6s & 7s.

New code, new digs etc.

Answer is: Any and all of above, wih my own take on it.

I will try to repond if I can.

(><) . . . - is Churchill's victory sign at UK embassy and elsewhere. Rotate the > clockwise to get the image.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now you're censoring your own blog, Mr Wattenberg? What happened to the New York shooting/Hitler post?

November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home