Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving greetings to BlogPals and not.

In many ways Thanksgiving is our premiere national holiday.

It has some religious significance, but less than lovely Christmas.

(And some of the wording on U.S. documents and/or currency have Hebrew words and letters.)

We dine leisurely with friends and family in a Harvest festival.

The dishes are traditional: Cranberries, yams, apple pie, baked beans with molasses cooked in a dark brown crock pot --- and mostly turkey, which contains tryptophan an amino acid which promotes sleep.

Take a nap.

Drive carefully.

We sing that wonderful song:

"We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing, to hasten and chasten His will to make known."

I'm not sure I know what all of that means, but I find it haunting and beautiful.

So, from me and mine, to you and yours, I hope that you will "hasten and chasten His will to make known."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No US currency in circulation today has Hebrew letters on it. If you know of some obscure coin or bill, I'd like to know about it. However I find it doubtful. If it were true, the anti-semitic kooks would have seized upon it as another example of the Jewish conspiracy.

November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home