Sunday, September 24, 2006

This is a remarkable firm...

Click here: Dumbing Up - New York Times

John A Wiley is one of the biggest of the publishing firms in the world.

American-owned, it will be celebrating it's 200th anniversary in 2008.

The stock is doing very well. If I were a registered whatever I would reccomend it.

With rare exceptions, the "backlist" is what makes the big bucks for publishers.

They have Betty Crocker Cookbooks, Arthur Frommer Travel Books, and, of course, those 200 For Dummies books.

I wonder if they have a How Not To Be A Dummie For Dummies book.

Caveat: My new book Tales of a Neo-Con and (I hope) and accompanying Eric-Hoffer-like companion volume made up of these blogs will be published in the Fall of 2007.

I have a very fine, bright, experienced, creative, innovative editrix.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home